Social Media Metrics for Marketers
Metrics are necessary for measuring the return on investment and success of various marketing campaigns. They are especially important for online social media campaigns, which can be difficult to assess without the proper tracking tools.
The worthiness of a social media campaign will depend on many factors. Sales conversion is a critical indicator, but any online interaction is a positive sign. The number of “Likes”, “Shares”, and “Comments” on a Facebook status are all different metrics of how well it was received. Users who click on a link to an order form are ideal, but any engagement should be measured to determine the overall effectiveness of a campaign.
Here are the most significant metrics used by social media marketers:
- Conversion Rate is the most used method for measuring the success of any type of marketing campaign. Marketers need to include a clear and compelling call-to-action somewhere within their posts to encourage followers to become customers. A high conversion rate is the most recognizable sign that you are on the right track. On the other hand, a campaign will need serious adjustments if it is failing to convert traffic into sales.
- Growth of Followers is another metric used to determine the impact of a social media campaign. The number of new followers that a post generates is a clearly indicator of how well it was received. These people can all become customers in the future.
- Tracking Traffic is used to determine which social media site is directing the most traffic to your main website. Your success on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest will depend on your specific target audience and the industry you are in. By evaluating which social site is driving the most traffic, marketers will be able to determine exactly where they need to focus their energy.
- Amplification Rate is a term used to describe how often your content is shared on other networks. When your followers share your information on their own social pages, it will expose the information to a brand new audience. This metric assesses the number of times the “Share” button is used and the number of times your tweet is re-tweeted.
- Bounce Rate is a way of measuring whether a site provides what a user wants once they land there. It measures how visitors react to your website after they have been directed there from a social media link. If a social media campaign is relevant to your product or service, it should have a low bounce rate. This means visitors sent there from Facebook or Twitter are truly interested in the content it provides.
All of these metrics will help measure the effectiveness of social media marketing campaigns so they can be modified and enhanced to get the optimal response. Social media is a powerful tool that can increase your company’s exposure and drive significant business to your website, especially when campaigns are being assessed and improved on.
If you’re a business owner or company manager you will already be aware of the enormous importance placed on marketing and public image. What progressive managers of agencies of all types, whether governmental, non-profit or for profit, have known for years is the tremendous benefit of video sharing. There are some web hosting sites that are specifically developed to support videos and video sharing is one of the fastest growing means of communication in most industries. Videos can be used for in-house only information sharing and are also great for marketing and public relations.
As your business grows, expands, or even simply survives in a difficult market, it’s important to stay on top of technological advancements. Since these options are changing faster than ever before, they offer more benefits for companies than ever before. Major corporations are finding videos to be an excellent means of connecting across city, state and even national borders and the speed and efficiency at which information, presentations, and other forms strategic planning are shared makes virtual communication as effective as face-to-face meetings. One great idea is to create a company video channel to consolidate all videos into one place for regular posting and updates.
In addition to the in-house effectiveness of video sharing for businesses, the practice also offers a great new means of marketing and communication with consumers. Most video sharing sites offer visitors the opportunity to provide direct feedback through a comment section attached to individual videos as well as on the company profile page. Companies can use these sites as a great way of establishing and maintaining their reputation. The new generation of consumers, which has been raised on the Internet, trusts the opinions they find in feedback posts as much as information brochures and consumer advocacy findings.
Businesses have long known that, in order to survive, they must stay with the times. The Internet has revolutionized how we shop, for everything, and also where we look for information. Companies, from individual consultants to small firms to large corporations, need to be directing the flow of information and leading potential customers to their products and services. Video sharing, in addition to providing entertainment, is one of the most effective ways to do this
Gabriel Buck is the CEO and Online Marketing Manager for www.clickpointsoftware.com a lead management and CRM software product
You don’t have to be on the cusp of the latest technological trend to realize the popularity of social networking. Tens of millions of individuals in the United States alone are connected to at least one social networking site such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. Although many people have personal accounts, social networking is also a vital tool for running a successful, modern business.
In the past advertising consisted primarily of print ads and television commercials or radio spots. Today social networking has opened the doors for businesses to take marketing to a level previously unimagined. With a series of social networking accounts businesses are able to reach larger audiences and gain new customers in less time. Customers are also able to help spread the word about their favorite businesses through likes and tweets, sharing and rating social pages and content. With strategic use of Slideshare, Twitter YouTube, Flickr and Facebook, page administrators can keep their businesses at the forefront of customers minds.
Social networking is an ideal platform for promoting specials and other business news. Businesses can post special deals and coupons which can help retain existing customers and attract new ones. If the business is going to be making changes, social networking is a good way to keep clients up to date and informed. It’s also a great way to build anticipation and interest in new products or services by sharing development and promotional materials through special “friends only” content or via video on YouTube.
A growing trend among businesses is using social networking for recruitment and hiring purposes. Most employers now look at potential employees social networking pages before deciding who to hire. They also search through professional social media sites, such as LinkedIn, to find candidates for specific posts. Social networking also offers companies numerous ways to connect with others in their industry to understand hiring trends and find out who is considering a career change.
Business, regardless of the specific industry, is constantly growing and changing. And companies need to remain flexible and willing to try new things if they want to stay competitive. While social networking has in some ways increased competition between businesses it has also provided opportunities for them to utilize their own strengths and creativity to grow.